Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's Time For Mike Huckabee to Retire

Go Home Huckabee!

So have you seen this story yet? Mike Huckabee gets philosophical about gay marriage. I'm impressed with the profundity of his comments: Children aren't puppies. Wow. Impressive Mike. Let's all think about that one for a minute... Yeah I know, it's a ridiculous statement and doesn't need much reflection at all. So lets move on to other statements he made. Last week he was in Ewing N.J. at The College of New Jersey, speaking to the Student Government Association. He also gave an interview to campus news magazine The Perspective, for a Friday article. So this isn't new news, and further, his opinions aren't news - he's been saying this stuff for a while. What that tells me is that Huckabee has had time to attempt to apply a little spin to his comments, but I'm not seeing any backpedaling: Huckabee really is just a genuine bigot I'm afraid. He labeled the gay lifestyle "outside the ideal" and compared it to incest, polygamy and even bestiality! Wow am I offended! And the jaw-dropping ignorance doesn't end there...
"I don't have to prove that marriage is a man and a woman in a relationship for life," he said. "They have to prove that two men can have an equally definable relationship called marriage, and somehow that that can mean the same thing."
I can't believe he thinks homosexual couples haven't already proved the success of their relationships! I can tell you this: homo and hetero are not so different at all! The "committed relationships" we enter into can be just as successful between two men or two women who are equally committed to that relationship. Further, having worked in the club scene for many many years, I can tell you the heterosexual dating scene has just as much promiscuity and desperation as any other. There are successful and failed relationships on both sides. I think it's time to stop making sides and start celebrating our common humanity!
Toward the end of the article I've linked to at the top, there is a Huckabee quote regarding AIDS patients and I'm not going to repeat the fear filled hateful comments he made but let me just say it brought WWII concentration camps to my mind and I nearly cried. I'm horrified this man is thinking he should run for President in 2012 and I hope you all know the kind of man he really is.

Some things I found online about Huckabee and his political platform:
He does NOT support gay marriage obviously
He doe NOT support a woman's right to choose abortion
He does NOT support the Kyoto protocol (environmental treaty)
He does NOT support an assault weapons ban
He supports the Patriot Act
He supports an immigration border fence on the US/Mexican border
He supports the war in Iraq

No comments:

Post a Comment